BREAKINGBREAKING,
One person has been taken into custody after the attack at a high school in Fagersta, local authorities said.
Published On 21 Aug 2026
Several individuals were injured when a person armed with a sword attacked a high school in central Sweden, according to local authorities.
“An assailant armed with a sword entered Brinellskolan [school] and wounded several people,” the Fagersta municipality said in a statement on Friday, confirming that the attacker had been detained by police.
Swedish police confirmed receiving reports of ongoing lethal violence at the school in Fagersta and stated that one person is now in custody.
“Police are continuing to secure the scene with multiple resources deployed,” the police statement said. “The public is urged to respect roadblocks and follow police instructions.”
The municipality did not disclose the exact number of casualties but noted that officers are conducting searches within the school premises and that nearby schools have been placed on lockdown.
Aftonbladet reported that the suspect, allegedly wielding a machete, was shot in the leg by police during the incident.
SVT reported that ambulances, police vehicles, and a helicopter were stationed outside the school in the small city of approximately 12,000 residents.
Also Read
- Cooling Systems Are Becoming a Critical Component in AI Data Centers
- CoreWeave CEO Michael Intrator Sells $1.2 Million in Shares: What It Means for Investors
- Comparing Invesco RSPS and SPDR XLP: Which Consumer Staples ETF Offers the Better Investment?
- Gunmen Abduct Dozens in Mosque and Village Raids in Central Nigeria


