Cristiano Ronaldo may soon greet a familiar Portugal international in Riyadh, as Nelson Semedo appears poised to transfer from Fenerbahçe to Al Nassr, according to The Nassr Tribune.
According to the outlet, Semedo and Al Nassr have already agreed on personal terms for the move. Fenerbahçe, meanwhile, has requested permission for the Portuguese right‑back to feature in one more match before the transfer is finalized. “If everything goes smoothly after that fixture, Semedo will be an Al Nassr player,” the source said.
That match in question is Fenerbahçe’s Champions League playoff return leg against Lyon, scheduled for August 26 in France. The two sides drew 1-1 in the first leg in Istanbul on August 18.
Semedo’s potential exit would also come amid Fenerbahçe’s need to manage their foreign player quota for the new season, a situation that has been reported by Turkish outlets in recent weeks.
Nelson Semedo #2, Cristiano Ronaldo #7 and Samu Costa #24 of Portugal. (Getty Images)
Should the transfer materialize, it would mark the first time Semedo and Ronaldo share a club, bringing another familiar presence to Al Nassr’s dressing room alongside Samu Costa, who joined earlier this window.
Other Saudi clubs also linked to Semedo
Al Nassr was not the only Saudi Pro League club monitoring Semedo. Al Ahli were reported to be preparing a direct offer worth between €6 million and €7 million to trigger his departure from Fenerbahçe, according to journalist Ekrem Konur.
Separately, Turkish outlets reported interest from Al Shabab, who were also mentioned as a possible destination amid Fenerbahçe’s need to free up space in their foreign player quota. None of those reported approaches, however, would have advanced as far as the personal terms Semedo is now said to have reached with Al Nassr.


