The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are reportedly preparing to move back to the United Kingdom this month, six years after relocating to the United States.

The couple, along with their children Prince Archie, aged seven, and Princess Lilibet, aged five, are slated to settle later this month in a private residence.

The property, thought to be located outside London, will have the children begin school in September, according to a report by The Daily Telegraph.

King Charles was notified on Sunday of his son and daughter-in-law’s upcoming return to Britain, the newspaper said.

The move follows a recent reunion between the Sussexes, who have resided in California since 2020, and the king at Highgrove in Gloucestershire last month.

The king is reportedly eager to spend more time with family on a personal level, though the duo will remain private individuals without official royal duties.

The Prince and Princess of Wales were also briefed on the decision, sources indicate.

They are expected to keep their residences in Montecito, California, and a property in Portugal, where the family vacationed earlier this summer.

Details of the couple’s security arrangements have not been disclosed.

Ongoing security concerns prevented Prince Harry from bringing Meghan, 45, and their children to London events last month, contrary to earlier plans.

Prince Harry, 41, has previously emphasized that he would not feel secure returning his family to the UK without adequate police protection.

In May 2025, after losing a legal challenge regarding his UK security, the Duke of Sussex said: “I can’t see a world in which I would bring my wife and children back to the UK at this point.”

In a BBC interview following the ruling, Prince Harry expressed a desire for reconciliation with his family, stating: “There have been so many disagreements between myself and some of my family,” but he has now “forgiven” them.

He added, “I would love reconciliation with my family. There’s no point continuing to fight any more, life is precious.”

Prince Harry noted that the security dispute had “always been the sticking point.”

When asked if he had requested the king’s intervention, Prince Harry replied: “I never asked him to intervene – I asked him to step out of the way and let the experts do their jobs.”

The Duke of Sussex, alongside six other claimants including Doreen Lawrence and Elton John, lost a privacy lawsuit against Associated Newspapers Ltd, publisher of the Daily Mail, in London last month. The claimants alleged unlawful information gathering, but their case was dismissed in full by Mr Justice Nicklin.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex renewed a multi-year film and television agreement with Netflix last year, despite earlier media speculation that the streaming service might not renew due to disappointing viewership.

Their original five‑year agreement, signed in 2020 and valued at approximately $100 million (£78 million), spawned several productions, such as the duchess’s lifestyle series With Love, Meghan.

Some of their ventures into media have not been lucrative; a $20 million podcast partnership with Spotify, launched in 2023, concluded after only 12 episodes.

Source link

Exit mobile version