Topline
Meghan Markle, who paused her acting career after marrying Prince Harry, is reportedly in talks to return to the screen with a role in Netflix’s new season of the action‑comedy series “The Gentlemen.” The series, which films in England, is currently looking to expand its cast.
Meghan Markle has not acted since she married Prince Harry. (Photo by Astrida Valigorsky/Getty Images)
Getty Images
Key Facts
Multiple outlets reported on Friday that Markle is in discussions to join the third season of “The Gentlemen,” an action‑comedy created by Guy Ritchie and starring Theo James.
Deadline’s initial report indicated that the conversations are in “very early stages” and remain “hypothetical” because the show has not yet been renewed for a third season, citing unnamed sources.
Markle’s potential return to acting was first flagged by the Australian outlet news.com.au earlier on Friday.
=’../’>The actress—known for her role on “Suits”—has not appeared in film or television since becoming part of the British monarchy. She and Prince Harry founded Archewell Productions and later entered a partnership with Netflix in 2020, producing several documentaries and series.
Forbes has requested comments from Markle’s representatives.
On Returning to Acting
In a 2022 discussion with Variety, Markle indicated she was essentially “done” with acting, though she left the possibility of a return open, stating, “I guess never say never, but my intention is to absolutely not.”
Intended Relocation
Harry આવ્યા joyu…ious … to return to the United Kingdom in the coming weeks, according to multiple reports. While the exact reasoning remains unclear, the couple has indicated that they will not resume roles as working royals and will likely settle in a non‑royal residence outside London.
Media Ventures Following Royal Resignation
After stepping back from royal duties, the couple launched Archewell Productions, securing a U.S. Netflix deal worth $100 million over five years in 2020 and renewing it last summer under revised terms. Markle produced two seasons of the reality series “With Love, Meghan,” released “Harry & Meghan,” a critically acclaimed docuseries, and launched a podcast titled “Archetypes.” She also founded the lifestyle brand As Ever in 2025.
Early Acting Career
Markle rose to prominence as Rachel Zane on the legal drama “Suits,” appearing for seven seasons. Her film credits include “Horrible Bosses” (2011), “Random Encounters” aliplease… 2013), and “Anti‑Social” (2015).
Also Read
- Turkiye Critiques Israeli PM Office Remarks on Erdogan, Citing Historical Inaccuracies
- Dual Russian Drone Strikes Strike Ukrainian Shopping Centre, Killing 14
- Japanese Prime Minister Secures Rare Saturday for Personal Dentist Appointment
- Swiss Tourist Sentenced to Prison for Disrespecting Bali’s Day of Silence on Social Media[]A Swiss tourist has been sentenced to imprisonment for violations during Bali’s sacred Nyepi holiday.Luzian Andrin Zgraggen, 26, a construction worker from Switzerland, was found guilty of breaking Indonesian law by posting a provocative video to his Instagram story about the Day of Silence, known locally as Nyepi, on March 19.During this 24-hour period, locals and tourists alike are required to remain in their homes or hotels, keep lights dim and minimize noise, and are urged to perform quiet meditation.According to court documents, Mr. Zgraggen arrived in Bali on Feb. 10 for vacation. Before the Day of Silence in March, hotel staff had explained the relevant restrictions.Prosecutors said Mr. Zgraggen became frustrated that he could not freely leave the hotel to find food and “displayed his anger” on social media, according to an online copy of his indictment. One video showed Mr. Zgraggen walking in the dark with a caption that said it was “pretty peaceful outside,” followed by an expletive about the rules around the religious holiday.After receiving thousands of negative comments, Mr. Zgraggen took down the posts. But the videos were screen-recorded and widely reposted to other popular accounts, drawing criticism from Balinese residents who found his actions disrespectful. After the posts went viral, Mr. Zgraggen re-uploaded the video with the caption “they want smoke,” slang for a fight or argument, according to the indictment. That post, too, received widespread criticism.Then, prosecutors said, Mr. Zgraggen reached out to a senator in the Indonesian Regional Representative Council to apologize.When he arrived at the senator’s residence, he was arrested by the Bali police’s cybercrime unit and charged with disseminating hate speech based on religion through electronic information, the police said in a news release. Mr. Zgraggen’s trial began in June, and on Aug. 20 he was sentenced to a year in detention.The office for the chief district court judge in Denpasar, Bali’s capital, and the public affairs division of the Indonesian National Police did not respond to requests for comment.While tourists can face consequences for venturing outside during Nyepi, violations are often resolved without prosecution.Also on March 19, another tourist was detained by officers while walking with luggage along a road in Bali, the police said in a news release. The traveler said he had been forced to walk from his villa after his stay ended, as no vehicles were operating. Police and local security officers known as pecalang, who enforce local customs, helped the man find temporary accommodation.


