Several individuals were injured on Friday at a school in Fagersta, Sweden, after an assailant wielding a sword attacked the premises, according to a statement from the Fagersta municipality.
“A call was received about an ongoing violent incident at the school. Police responded promptly and have taken one individual into custody,” authorities said.
The suspect was shot during the arrest, as stated by Sweden’s national public broadcaster, Sveriges Radio.
The suspect’s current condition remains unknown.
The school had received a threat earlier in May of this year, according to Sveriges Radio.
Last year, a shooting at an adult education center in Örebro resulted in ten fatalities, which Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson described as the worst mass shooting in Sweden’s history.
Police continue to work at the scene with multiple resources and have urged the public to respect roadblocks and follow police instructions,” it added.
The municipality confirmed that the school was evacuated and all students were safely sent home.
The government is in close contact with police following the attack, Justice Minister Gunnar Strömmer said in a statement to Reuters.
‘We have been informed of a serious incident in Fagersta. The police are on site and working intensively on the investigation,’ Strömmer added.
This remains a developing story.
Also Read
- Gunmen Abduct Dozens in Mosque and Village Raids in Central Nigeria
- Fatal School Attack in Sweden: Teenager Dies After Sword-Wielding Suspect Arrested
- BlackRock’s BALI Delivers Superior Returns with Identical 0.35% Fee
- Michael Howell: 2026 Unlikely to Be a Strong Year for Bitcoin, While 30‑Year Treasury Yields Expected to Rise

